Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cherished Memories

We met at the most unusual place
Expecting the unexpected and looking forward for success
Success,a word tht has eluded from our lives
I realised we all were distinct and yet so similar
Thats when I asked myself Will it last forever my friend

We sat, all lost, in every corner of the class
Humming songs and sketchin new wonders was all we could manage
Solving a question was an act of crime
Cursing teacher for takin extra time
Handwriting was inversely proprtional to the duration of class
Thats when I asked myself Will it last forever my friend

Exams pass by as History repeats itself
Frustration seeps in as we sat all shattered
Lending shoulder to each other was the best we could do
Realising it isnt the end we move ahead too
Thats when i asked myself Will this last forever my friend


The day arrives when we have to part away
Heading into a new world is what we were always lookin for
But as we recall those unforgettable moments together
We realise how tough it is to say good-bye
The silence says it all as we struggle to find words
I turn around to hide my tears
As I set out on a new journey
I realise History wont repeat this time
Thats when I ask myself I wish it cud last forever my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment